1) The Mets can actually win a series against a mediocre-at-best team.
2) Matz is fine.
3) Even aces struggle. Harvey, Kluber, Greinke…it happens. The sky isn’t falling.
4) Conforto should always bat 3rd. In fact, it should probably be Asdrubal 2nd while we’re at it. Walker 5th. Duda 6th.
5) Despite Conforto being amazing, this lineup still goes as Cespedes goes. We learned that from last season, obviously. Murphy had Yo behind him. Now he has Harper behind him. Conforto has Yo behind him. That shit matters. NO FUCKING DUHH. If you only learned this one this past weekend, you’re an idiot.
6) The Nats aren’t as shitty as they were last season.
7) Papelbon is just as shitty as ever. CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE. No, I’m referring to him blowing the game, not to what he does to MVPs in the dugout.
8) The Phillies aren’t as shitty as they were last season. We went 14-5 against them, but really it was 14-2 (we were swept by them after clinching the division). Their pitching is decent and their lineup sucks. We should still mow them the fuck down.
2 thoughts on “What Did We Learn This Weekend?”
Agree with lineup shift. Make it happen. Thanking you in advance, I remain,
Joe Enright 646-235-2547
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wright diiiid hit 2 dingers today, but I stand by it.